The Rosary: Why Pray It? & the history

The other day a man and woman asked me about the history of the rosary. I knew briefly in my mind the biblical origin, but the exact date and time the rosary began as a devotion eluded me in that moment. I told them I did not know, but I would gladly refer them to some resources nearby. (I was in a Catholic book store.) I offered: The Rosary hand book and Unabridged Christianity and a website so they could briefly read it, but they said they were not interested in 'reading' at the moment, but would gladly visit catholicscomehome.org at a later time. Finding out later that it was the month of the Rosary I thought I would share these two articles my wife found. They were a very helpful brief summary of the devotion and History of the Rosary.

Rev. Pellerin, Kieth. From the Collar: Why Do Catholics Pray the Rosary. Lake Charles: J.S. Paluch, 2013. Print.

 


Rev. Pellerin, Kieth. From the Collar: The History of the Rosary. Lake Charles: J.S. Paluch, 2013. Print.


No comments:

Post a Comment